Attorneys Who Support this Practice Area
Mediation is an alternative method to going to Court. You and your spouse or partner can work toward common goals together, with the assistance of a trained mediator who is focused on guiding you through this process.
Mediation is a person-centered alternative to having the Court make decisions for your family. Consider mediation for issues involving:
- Divorce and Separation
- For couples that choose to mediate their divorce, Copps DiPaola Silverman, PLLC offers a comprehensive analysis of the marital estate, from which you and your spouse can discuss realistic options and scenarios for settlement.
- For individuals with businesses, pensions, stocks, or other securities, you have the option and opportunity to hire neutral experts to value such property.
- For couples that can successfully negotiate and execute an Agreement, Copps DiPaola Silverman, PLLC can complete your uncontested divorce after obtaining appropriate consent from both parties.
- Child Custody
- Copps DiPaola Silverman, PLLC offers parents a safe place to discuss their Children’s needs and schedules, to assist parents in reaching a settlement relating to custody that the parents believe is in the best interests of their Children.
- Walk away with a thoughtful Agreement, drafted with the intent to limit the need for future Court intervention.
- Pet Custody
- Copps DiPaola Silverman, PLLC offers divorcing or unmarried partners a way to mediate an Agreement with regard to beloved pets in the event of a divorce or break-up.
- Child Support and Child Support Modification
- Copps DiPaola Silverman, PLLC offers parents a place to exchange financial information, and come to an Agreement on child support informed by the Child Support Standards Act.
- Intimate Partner Real Property disputes
- Copps DiPaola Silverman, PLLC offers unmarried partners a way to mediate an Agreement on selling or purchasing real property, including but not limited to, the division of proceeds or equity of real property.
- Intimate Partner Personal Property disputes
- Copps DiPaola Silverman, PLLC offers unmarried partners a way to mediate an Agreement on personal property in the event of a break-up.
Rebecca M. Wager, Esq., is a trained mediator who has successfully navigated complicated financial and emotional issues for clients, bringing their matters to a close in a timely, efficient, and non-confrontational manner.
If you have questions about Mediation, would like further information, or would like to set up a consultation appointment, please contact
office@theCDSLawFirm.com or (518) 436-4170.