Fast paced law firm in Albany, NY seeking paralegal and/or legal assistant for a full-time position supporting a team of attorneys focusing in the areas of estate planning and probate. We offer competitive compensation/benefits including, but not limited to, paid vacation, paid parking, paid new parent and bereavement leave, 401K plan (with employer match and profit sharing) and medical/dental insurance, and the opportunity to be part of a great team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Candidate will work closely with clients, attorneys and paralegals to support the drafting and implementation of trusts, estate planning documents and probate/administration petitions. This individual should be highly motivated, detail-oriented and project a positive attitude. Candidates will possess excellent organizational, written/verbal communication and time management skills.
Qualifications and Skills
- Associates degree or paralegal certificate from accredited university is preferred, but not required
- Prior paralegal or legal assistant experience is preferred, but not required
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
- Experience with Billing software
- Excellent follow up skills and attention to detail
- Proactive, mature, and professional
We are willing to train the right candidate. To be considered for this role please submit a cover letter with salary requirements to Lorraine R. Silverman, Esq. at LSilverman@theCDSLawFirm.com. Applications without this will not be considered.