Fast paced law firm in Albany, NY seeking paralegal for a full-time position supporting a team of attorneys focusing in the areas of divorce, family, and intimate partner law. We offer competitive compensation/benefits including, but not limited to, paid vacation, paid parking, paid new parent and bereavement leave, 401K plan (with employer match and profit sharing) and medical/dental insurance, and the opportunity to be part of a great team. Anticipated start date of September 3, 2019.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Candidate will work closely with clients, attorneys, and other paralegals to conduct client intakes, communicate with attorneys and the courts, draft correspondence, pleadings, assist with discovery, and other administrative tasks as required by the attorneys. This individual should be highly motivated, detail-oriented, and project a positive attitude. Candidates will possess excellent organizational, written/verbal communication, and time management skills.
Qualifications and Skills
- Associates degree or paralegal certificate from accredited university is preferred, but not required
- Paralegal experience is required.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
- Experience with Billing software
- Excellent follow up skills, attention to detail, calendar, and time management
- Proactive, mature, and professional
To be considered for this role, please submit a cover letter with salary requirements and resume to Lorraine R. Silverman, Esq. at LSilverman@theCDSLawFirm.com. Salary commensurate with experience.