Mediation is an alternative method to going to Court. You and your spouse or partner can work toward common goals together, with the assistance of a trained mediator who is focused on guiding you through this process.
Mediation is a person-centered alternative to having the Court make decisions for your family. Consider mediation for issues involving:
- Divorce and Separation
- For couples that choose to mediate their divorce, Copps DiPaola Silverman, PLLC offers a comprehensive analysis of the marital estate, from which you and your spouse can discuss realistic options and scenarios for settlement.
- For individuals with businesses, pensions, stocks, or other securities, you have the option and opportunity to hire neutral experts to value such property.
- For couples that can successfully negotiate and execute an Agreement, Copps DiPaola Silverman, PLLC can complete your uncontested divorce after obtaining appropriate consent from both parties.
- Child Custody
- Copps DiPaola Silverman, PLLC offers parents a safe place to discuss their Children’s needs and schedules, to assist parents in reaching a settlement relating to custody that the parents believe is in the best interests of their Children.
- Walk away with a thoughtful Agreement, drafted with the intent to limit the need for future Court intervention.
- Pet Custody
- Copps DiPaola Silverman, PLLC offers divorcing or unmarried partners a way to mediate an Agreement with regard to beloved pets in the event of a divorce or break-up.
- Child Support and Child Support Modification
- Copps DiPaola Silverman, PLLC offers parents a place to exchange financial information, and come to an Agreement on child support informed by the Child Support Standards Act.
- Intimate Partner Real Property disputes
- Copps DiPaola Silverman, PLLC offers unmarried partners a way to mediate an Agreement on selling or purchasing real property, including but not limited to, the division of proceeds or equity of real property.
- Intimate Partner Personal Property disputes
- Copps DiPaola Silverman, PLLC offers unmarried partners a way to mediate an Agreement on personal property in the event of a break-up.
If you have questions about Mediation, would like further information, or would like to set up a consultation appointment, please contact
office@theCDSLawFirm.com or (518) 436-4170.