Fast paced law firm in Albany, NY seeking junior paralegal or administrative assistant for a full-time position supporting Senior Paralegal and a team of attorneys focusing in the areas of divorce, family, and intimate partner law. We offer competitive compensation/benefits including, but not limited to, paid vacation, paid new parent and bereavement leave, 401K plan (with employer match and profit sharing) and medical/dental insurance, and the opportunity to be part of a great team. Anticipated start date of December 1, 2019. Starting salary: $20.00/hour (with a 90-day probationary period).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Candidate will work closely with, and be trained by, Senior Paralegal to conduct client intakes, communicate with attorneys and the courts, draft correspondence, pleadings, assist with discovery, and other administrative tasks as required by the attorneys. This individual should be highly motivated, detail-oriented, project a positive attitude, and should be good at working with a team. Candidates will possess excellent organizational, written/verbal communication and time management skills.
Qualifications and Skills
- Associates degree or paralegal certificate from accredited university is preferred, but not required
- Prior paralegal or administrative assistant experience is required, but we will provide training to the right candidate
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel
- Some experience with Billing software preferred, but not required
- Excellent follow up skills, attention to detail, calendar, and time management
- Proactive, mature, and professional
To be considered for this role, please submit a cover letter with salary requirements to Lorraine R. Silverman, Esq. at LSilverman@theCDSLawFirm.com.
Please note that, as of November 22, 2019, our new address will be 1 Marcus Blvd., Suite 200, Albany, New York 12205.